GUIDELINES FOR PARENTS
PUNCTUALITY & REGULARITY:
- Punctuality and regularity are appreciated
- We request parents to ensure that children are sent to school or the bus stop on time and picked up on time. When children understand the importance of time, it serves as a natural lesson in time management.
- Students must report to school by 8:30 a.m.
- Each student will require 80% attendance to be considered eligible for the promotion.
- Maintaining regular attendance is essential to ensure that the children make use of the several opportunities they have within the school to enhance their learning experience.
- The student shall not be absent themselves from any organized school activity without the permission of the Principal.
- If a student is found to be frequently absent from the class, the parent will be called for a meeting to discuss if the child is eligible for promotion. The decision taken by the school management will be final.
- Parents play the most important role in the growth and development of the child. The school plays only the role of an effective catalyst in this process. We will, therefore, have regular parents' meeting to equip parents with the information required to understand the progress of the child and to modify habits and practices at home to accelerate the learning and development at home.
- The parents meeting will be regular with additional feedback meetings, parent seminars and also well- planned workshops on different topics to ensure that the time each parent spends in the campus is informative and fruitful.
- Parents are also requested to give us constructive suggestions in writing/mail (email@example.com); we appreciate your role in the growth and development of the child. Since we would like to look into all suggestions we request you to kindly write down your suggestions and submit it to the Principal. We will surely work on the suggestions that are practical and realistic.
- We request parents to take part actively in all programmes of the school. Your presence is important for your child.
- It’s not necessary to meet the Principal at all PFM’s. You can walk in anytime / any day between 4.00 - 5.00 p.m. to meet the Principal and discuss.
PROCEDURE FOR LEAVING SCHOOL DURING SCHOOL HOURS.
In case of emergency, if a student has to leave the school campus during school hours, the following rules have to be observed
- The parent must submit a written request.
- Parent copy of the identity card should be produced.
- The school entry and exit register must be signed.
- A permission slip must be obtained and shown at the school gate before leaving the school campus.
We request parents to respect all members of the teaching and non- teaching staff. This is the best way to teach children to respect their teachers and the helpers within the school.
- The school fee is to be paid as specified by the management
- The fee can be paid through the bank / in person through modes of cash/cheque (on dated)
- The last date for this payment will be clearly specified and parents are expected to follow this strictly.
- Rs.10/- per day will be collected as fine if the fees are not paid on or before the last date specified.
- If there is a delay in fee payment for more than 30 days, the name of the child will be struck off from the register and parent will have to reapply for admission. The selection in such a case will depend entirely upon the management. This will be considered as fresh admission and the registration fee will have to be paid again
UNIFORM AND PERSONAL HYGIENE:
- Children are expected to wear the specified school uniform every day.
- We request parents to ensure that the uniform is washed clean and ironed neatly.
- Kindly ensure that your children have regular habit of personal hygiene.
- Maintaining their nails, hair and teeth is essential.
- Frequent hair wash, neat hair-cut and hairstyle is advised.
- Girls with long hair must plait their hair, the hair band provided by the school is part of the uniform and must be worn by all girl students
- Uniform is compulsory inside the school campus, school bus and outside where students are representing the school
- Children can dress in decent casual dress on their Birthday.
In case of injury the student's parent will be informed and first- aid will be given with the parent’s consent. Our very own AKVN hospital is well equipped with qualified doctors just across the road to provide best care.
Students will not be allowed outside the school with strangers. This is applicable in the bus stops as well. If for any reason a new person is being sent to pick up the child, kindly make sure that you inform the office in advance and sent sufficient identity proof with the person.
Students will not be allowed outside the school gate for any reason other than under supervision by the staff. This will be for nature walks or field trips as found appropriate for a particular subject.
- We encourage healthy food habits at Sri Nachammal Vidyavani Senior Secondary School. The school cafeteria serves lunch, snacks, and other refreshments.
- Keeping in view to the nutritive and variety, a bi-monthly menu is drawn up by food committee and is sent to parents with their nutritional values at the beginning of every month.
- Outside food is strictly prohibited
MEETING STAFF & RULES FOR OBSERVATORY.
- Meeting the staff during school hours is not permitted. We request parents to call in advance and speak with the Principal to fix up an appointment before meeting any staff member between 4.00 - 5.00 p.m.
- Parents are requested to make complaints directly to the school authorities and to the class teachers through the mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any problems that need to be addressed immediately can be discussed with the Principal over the phone or in person. We will ensure that appropriate action is taken to find a solution.